moderated Re: Amazon Kindle books and best way to read

Soronel Haetir

I still use calibre to convert kindle books to plain text (note this
requires that you keep kindle stunted at a fairly old version as
recent ones have DRM that calibre can't deal with).

On 10/28/20, Pat Byrne <k9jau@...> wrote:
Jim,
I have the Kindle app. on my iPhone and it does a good job of
reading. You have the SIRI voice, it ain't NLS, but it is a decent
way to go. I can read brand new books in series and by authors that
I like and, later if and when they make NLS, I can re-read if I wish.
Hope that helps.
Pat ByrneAt 02:15 PM 10/28/2020, you wrote:

Greetings,

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It's an
Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such
books a while back, but I don't know if it has improved. What about
on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please
share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

--