moderated Re: Using Edge with JAWS

Bill White

Hi, Adrian. You won't get any verbalization from JAWS. What CONTROL plus SHIFT plus B does is, if you SHIFT plus TAB once, you will see that it adds a Hidden Favorites button to the tool bar. If you press CONTROL plus SHIFT plus B again, it removes this button from the tool bar. The way to get to this tool bar is:

1. Open Edge to your Start Page.
2. Go to the top of the page.
3. Press SHIFT plus TAB.
4. If the Hidden Favorites toggle is on, there will be a Hidden Favorites button just before you SHIFT plus TAB to the Settings button.
5. If the Hidden Favorites toggle is off, all you will see when you SHIFT plus TAB is the Settings button.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 5:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Using Edge with JAWS

Hi, Bill.

When I press control-shift-b, nothing seems to happen. I get no verbalization from JAWS, and I can't detect any change in behavior.

I'm relying on my favorites folder on the desktop to open Edge favorites, but I'd prefer to work from within Edge, if it's feasible.

Would you explain what I should look for when I press the shift-control-b command?

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: Using Edge with JAWS

Hi, Amanda. The following two Edge shortcuts may be helpful to you, especially the latter.

Ctrl + Shift + B
Show or hide the favorites bar

Ctrl + Shift + O
Open Favorites management

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amanda Berkley
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 2:40 PM
Subject: Using Edge with JAWS

Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.