moderated Re: when hopefully JAWS2021 official release will be available

Dan Longmore

Hi,

Real improvements can be subjective.

Depends on how you use the program and with what different types of software.

For me I stay updated for the following reasons:

  OS systems and programs are changing rapidly and with hnumerous updates.  Falling behind with JAWS can risk problems with the software interacting with the latest updates of apps and even the OS itself.

Each version of JAWS seems to get a bit snappier and responsive although , to be sure, problems remain and always will with any piece of software.

New features are constantly added and modified.  Each new version offers more accessibility with one or more programs.

   I am not advocating that one must keep JAWS always with the latest version , cost and other issues prevent this, but I have found it helpful to do so.

As I said updates can be subjective because we all use the program in different ways and with diverse pieces of software.  JAWS 2021 does a better job with Outlook than past versions however if I don’t use Outlook I may say not much difference.

Does this make all clear as mud.  😊

Dan