moderated Re: accessibility and on line courses

Cohn, Jonathan

OFten times, people try to develop accessibility without understanding how accessibility  tools are used by a disabled person. Generally, an accessible web site wil work with NVDA, JAWS and VoiceOver. Sometimes developers think that the only way blind users navigate is with the tab key.  Other times they don’t understand browse mode vs forms mode.
Is any of their site visible to non-paying client?

On Oct 27, 2020, at 4:49 PM, Cynthia Bruce <cynthia.bruce@...> wrote:

Hi All,

In my current university context, I am teaching a course developed by a company that is external to the university. I keep running into things that are not easily accessible, and they have told me they are only testing accessibility with NVDA. So, my question, is it likely that I will find incompatibility with JAWS when they only test with NVDA?

Thanks for any info – I want to be able to give them some feedback.

Cynthia