moderated Re: Protected View issue

Van Lant, Robin

Dean,

Are you sure the attachment is opening in a Microsoft office program outside your email client?  To your point, if I have an attachment open and it’s in protected view, I can hit Insert T to read the title and it will announced that it’s in protected view, then use one of the methods like F6 to get to the bar where I can hit the enable editing button. The reason I ask is that there is an annoying setting in Outlook that will open attachments in “preview”, which is actually showing a preview of the attachment within Outlook and, in my recollection, that won’t read at all.  It’s typically the first context menu option if you right click the attachment and, quite possibly, a default setting in Outlook.  I recall having to make an adjustment in Outlook Options somewhere to disable the preview.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Webb
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 5:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Protected View issue

Hi List

When I open an Attachment in Protected View I get no response from any key stroke/s I make.  Alt-F etc does not respond at all.

Regards

Dean

Disclaimer: Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business of the SABC is proprietary to the SABC. If the email is used other than for official business of the SABC or the views and opinions expressed in the email are not authorised by the SABC, the views and opinions expressed are those of the individual sending the email. The content of this email is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if this email and its attachments have unintentionally reached you; do not read, copy, disseminate or use the content in any way and delete the email and any copies of it. Whilst all reasonable precautions are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the information, and that this email and its attachments are free from any virus, the SABC accepts no liability however arising or responsibility whatsoever in this regard, and in keeping with good computing practice, the scanning of files and attachments is advised.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114