moderated Re: Database creation

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 07:17 PM, HH. Smith Jr. wrote:
I have been able to install MariaDB 10.5.6 and it is accessible from a command line.
-
HH, and that's a very important proviso.   I had not even thought about "accessible" in terms of "from the command line only."

I couldn't have helped there, either, but I do think it's important for anyone who doesn't need access via a GUI to mention it, as that opens up all sorts of options that might not otherwise be considered.

As a general statement, I know of few users these days who have any proficiency with command line interfaces (CLIs).  If you (any you) do, that really changes the scope of what could be considered for a number of things.  And if you do, knowing which CLI or CLIs your proficient with would be good to know, too.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss