moderated Re: Database creation

Jaffar Sidek

Are you wanting to create your own local database or a database for web content?  You could try Sqlite for your own local database.  It is light weight and you can create your database with windows notepad.  go to www.sqlite.org for reference and details.  If you want to create a database for web content, then try Laragon, www.laragon.org.  It is what is known as a WAMP application, a combination of the Apache web server, the MYSQL RDBMS and php for use on windows.  Cheers.

On 27/10/2020 6:47 am, HH. Smith Jr. wrote:

I am looking for a full RDMs.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 6:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Database creation

Depending on what you mean, precisely, by "database software," Excel can be used to create accessible files that are used as databases and can be used in other Office suite programs for doing things such as creating mailing labels.

If you're talking about an accessible full relational database manager (RDBMS), I have no idea.  I have heard it said, repeatedly, that MS-Access is inaccessible, or at very best not accessible anywhere near to the degree needed to use it effectively.  And I have no recommendations regarding any RDBMS that is accessible.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss