moderated How Many of you out there have used Google Calendar?

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am learning how to use Google Calendar.  I have learned how to create an event, but am trying to set notifications.  I have read that there are three ways to receive notifications—either by e-mail, desktop or alert.  Notifications are not working.  When I create events for myself, usually, I don’t want to invite any guests.  The events I create are primarily Zoom meetings or classes at the church I belong to.  When I have tried to set notifications I have gone into the General settings of Google Calendar.  When it comes to notifications it shows that there are three kinds of notification settings—off, Desktop or alert.  When I create events for which I have described—for meetings at church or Bible study meetings in which I do not want to invite any guests, how can I go about getting notifications to work?  Is there anybody out there totally blind who has used Google calendar?  If so, is there any way in the world you can help me or give me the advice I need?

Rick Miller