From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 1:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: does a link leave a site?

Mike,

          That's fine.  Also, if you so choose, we could set up a Quick Assist session at some point so that I can watch your screen and what's happening.  It's literally a matter of my seeing what's going on, as there are "context clues" that sometimes occur that are not picked up by a screen reader.

          I like what Joseph Lee once said to me about how those of us who can see process screens in their entirety, as a gestalt, and filter out and focus upon things without even realizing we're doing it, and it's absolutely true.  No screen reader, no matter how good, is capable of that kind of processing and sometimes it's the key to figuring out why something odd is happening and how/whether one can get around it or not.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss