moderated Re: does a link leave a site?

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 01:35 PM, Mark wrote:
I just want to know if a link is going to take me to an entirely new site.
Then look at the link.  If you're in the site xxx.com, and the link itself shows a domain that's anything other than xxx.com, then you will leave the site.  There is no other way to know this, regardless of whether you do it via screen reader checking or the sighted way by looking at the status bar on hover over on a link (since naked links are almost never used anymore - click-through text that tells you what the link is about showing you long ago supplanted naked URLs).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss