moderated Re: Outlook Addressbook

My guess is that this is controlled by which account is set as your primary/default account if you have multiple accounts set up in Outlook.

Try ALT+F,I,S,A  (File Tab, Account Info, Account Settings dropdown, Account settings item).  At this point the account settings dialog will appear, and I'm going to presume you're familiar with it.  Take a cruise through the account list and see if the one currently set as default is that Exchange account.  If you then change the default account to Gmail it's likely to use the repositories associated with that as "first port of call."

       ~ Lawrence Krauss