moderated bluetooth question

Van Lant, Robin

Hi,

I’ve used Bluetooth earphones with my iPhone, but not with a laptop  the headphone jack on my work laptop seems to be not working. I’m not finding any plug in earbuds or headphoens in my house that will work so I can hear JAWS.  I thought I could try pairing the earpiece I use with my iPhone. I turned off the Bluetooth connection on my iPhone and turned on Bleutooth in the laptop; however, I don’t see the earpiece showing up in the list, even though my earpiece is in pairing mode.    Am I going about this the correct way?  Should a basic, Bluetooth earpiece that works with an iPhone also work with a laptop or is there a difference?  I think this is a Plantronics earpiece, but I’m not positive.  It’s possible my company has some security restriction on Bluetooth, but I dread calling our helpdesk to ask.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114