moderated Re: Creating a group in outlook

Van Lant, Robin

I create groups just fine. Thankfully, JAWS now reads the group members list for me as I arrow up and down.  As others have said, you do need to go to the ribbon to hit the add members button. A submenu opens where  you choose where you want to search for members. You’ll be looking in Outlook contacts, if  this is a personal email account.  If you are at a company, you’d likely be adding from the Address Book. The only real downside to creating groups in outlook is that a person in your group has to  be a contact. In other words, you cannot just type a bunch of email addresses into the group.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:16 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Creating a group in outlook

Hello Group,

Up until recently, I had no real reason to create groups from my Contacts using Outlook. However, at this point, I’m involved with a number of activities within my community where this feature is something that would be convenient as a contact option.

I had spoken with Bill White about this and rather to use the ribbon commands, he suggested using Control/Shift/L where I create a group name. After identifying a group name, I tabbed one time  to the Members Table field, arrowing down to identify contacts to fill the group. At this point, I received a message that “Members list table is unavailable.”

Am I on the right track, or it there another way to build  a group?

Best, Justin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114