moderated Re: Creating a group in outlook

Richard Turner

After you give the group a name, try alt+h, then m.

You will be in a search box.

Or, tab to where you can just type in their email address.

It is clunky at best.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Live long and prosper 🖖

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew J. LaPointe
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 7:04 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Creating a group in outlook

Hi Justin, please, can you keep me in this loop as I had the same problem.  I used control shift with the letter b but I still can’t select any members.  I know that I did have a chance to select a member but instead it used the email of that person as the group name.  So please, let me know what you get for suggestions.  Thanks so much.

I have 2 groups that I frequently send messages and they are always the same message so as you know, it makes it so much easier.  Andy and  Shubert rip

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2020 9:16 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Creating a group in outlook

Hello Group,

Up until recently, I had no real reason to create groups from my Contacts using Outlook. However, at this point, I’m involved with a number of activities within my community where this feature is something that would be convenient as a contact option.

I had spoken with Bill White about this and rather to use the ribbon commands, he suggested using Control/Shift/L where I create a group name. After identifying a group name, I tabbed one time  to the Members Table field, arrowing down to identify contacts to fill the group. At this point, I received a message that “Members list table is unavailable.”

Am I on the right track, or it there another way to build  a group?

Best, Justin  

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.