moderated Re: A Question About JAWS Accessibility

Amanda Crocker

You can get a JAWS dongle for this. Basically it’s a USB that holds the license. JAWS needs to be installed on both machines but you don’t need to purchase a license for both machines. You buy a JAWS dongle from freedom scientific. It holds the license.

So I have the dongle on my laptop at home. I also have JAWS installed on my laptop at home. I turn JAWS on on my home laptop. I then remote into my machine in the office and turn JAWS on on my work machine. There is only 1 license for both JAWS.

Amanda Braun

Application Administrator

7501 Prospect

Kansas City, MO 64132

Main (816) 421-5848

Direct (816) 237-2083

Fax (816) 237-2019

Visit us online at www.alphapointe.org

Keep up with all of the exciting things going on at Alphapointe –

follow us on social media!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lee Anne Atkinson
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:44 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: A Question About JAWS Accessibility

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Alphapointe. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Lynn, 

I have successfully used JAWS with a virtual desktop.  JAWS needs to be installed on the virtual desktop as well as your "personal" desktop.   I cannot recall the keyboard commands to switch between desktops but it does work.  If you want to email me off list you can do that.

lee.atkinson@...

Best, Lee Anne

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynne Moore
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 12:46 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: A Question About JAWS Accessibility

Hello everyone.  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.  I am currently job hunting for transcription jobs I can do from home and some of them say that my computer needs to be able to run virtual desktop interface.  Does anyone know if that is accessible with JAWS?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Lynne Moore

Alphapointe is considered an “Essential Business” and will continue to manufacture products to meet the needs of our customers during this COVID-19 situation. Please contact us at customerservice@... if you would like to place an order, or call 888-433-5848 and a representative will be happy to assist. Stay safe and thank you for being a valued customer!

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.