moderated Re: Book Share books format on NLS machine?

Cohn, Jonathan

If there is a folder called $vrdtb on the cartridge you are using, then you want to put the folder containing the daisy book in there. If not then just putting the folder in the main directory should work. So, all the daisy files must be in a folder not in the main directory of the cartridge or usb stick.
Also, the NLS readers do not understand  text only books, they must have sound files associated with them.
HTH
Jonathan

On Oct 15, 2020, at 1:59 PM, Marlo Green <marlogreen@...> wrote:

Good Afternoon Everyone!

               Would anyone happen to know the format I would use to save a book from Book Share on a thumb drive to play on a NLS player? I was told Daisy, but I tried to play the file on the thumb drive and it wasn’t even there according to the files and folders option on the machine.  Anyone know? The California State library for the Blind doesn’t have a way to contact them by phone, and I have e-mailed already. Thought I would try all avenues.