moderated Re: Protected files in MS word

Cornelius

Any files downloaded from internet is protected for that matter. Just go to the file property and check the box which says “unblock”
You are good to go.

From: kevin meyers
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Protected files in MS word

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of Jaws2020 and MS word2016. When ever someone sent me a MS word file it is always in protected mode. A number of people that sent me the file didn’t send the file in protected mode. Is there a way to stop this from happening? To read it I have to move in and out of the window. I cannot save the file so I would copy it and paste it in another file. I was able to save attachments in Outlook. I still would like to be able to open the file from the email, read it and then save it.

Thanks,

Kevin