moderated Re: Protected files in MS word

Adjusting Protected View Settings in MS-Office Programs

I am like Mr. Turner in that I only open any MS-Office file format if I have every reason to believe it is safe to do so.  Anything downloaded, whether via e-mail or otherwise, is scanned by Windows Security before I can ever touch it.

I agree that Microsoft is trying to  be helpful, but for me, personally, it's overkill.  If one is circumspect about what one opens, and the sources from which one will open something, you are very unlikely to have an issue.  If you're someone who does not wish to do this, then keep protected mode on, as it could save a world of hurt.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss