moderated Re: Protected files in MS word

Richard Turner

When I open them, I hit f6 and tab to enable editing and it works.

Then I can do a save as.

Microsoft is trying to be helpful and keep us from unwittingly opening a file with a virus macro so it defaults to putting attachments in protected view.

I find it is not hard to work with them and there may be a setting buried somewhere that would let you remove that protection from happening.

I never open an attachment unless I am 100% sure it is from someone I know and that I was expecting it.

Richard