moderated Re: MS Edge and Too Many Open Pages

Mario

IMO, I don't see where it's rude. the poster is just trying to get an answer from whom ever can provide a constructive response.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:@britechguy]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Friday, October 9, 2020, 1:07 PM
Subject: MS Edge and Too Many Open Pages
Mike,

             Already answered, on the TechTalk Group, here:
https://techtalk.groups.io/g/main/message/93487
<https://techtalk.groups.io/g/main/message/93487>

             What follows is not aimed personally, but I have noticed
lately that there has been a huge uptick of crossposting from multiple
members in a number of groups, where they will copy and paste the same
question and post it in multiple groups within seconds of each other.
This is generally considered rude, particularly when there is a large
overlap between the participants in these groups (and that's true of
many of the blind-technology related groups).

              Standard netiquette is to post in one, and only one,
group initially and wait some reasonable amount of time to see if the
question is answered.  Then, if and only if an answer was not
forthcoming, move on to another group to ask.  There are groups where
crossposting the first time will result in a suspension of posting
privileges for some period of time and a second will get you banned.
--

Brian -Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

/The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it./
       ~ Lawrence Krauss