moderated Re: Calling Microsoft accessibility

Deborah Worstman

Hi, I suggest you call using be my eyes. 
I called them today and below is Their response information.

Be My Eyes support for Microsoft is up and running 24/7. Give us a ring if you need help with accessibility related issue.

More information for you

For any technical assistance, contact us again at aka.ms/DAD. We also provide Be My Eyes video call support in addition to Phone, Chat, and ASL support. Just download the Be My Eyes app in App Store or Google Play.

A suggestion for you 

We’ve launched a series of accessibility webinars for customers and businesses who want to learn more about accessibility features such as Narrator and Magnifier. Check out the demos from our engineering teams here.

Something to consider 

If you have product feedback on any of the Microsoft Accessibility features or want to share your ideas, please visit the Accessibility UserVoice page at aka.ms/accessibilityfeedback.

Thanks again,

Andrei

Customer Advocate

Microsoft Disability Answer Desk

On Oct 8, 2020, at 6:44 PM, Scott Pearl <spearl@...> wrote:

For me it occurred further in the process. After I told it I needed office related tech support it came through with a recording that they are currently not taking phone calls. I was also thinking it probably had to do with COVID.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 1:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Calling Microsoft accessibility

Where is this "not taking phone calls" message coming up?  When I dialed 800-936-5900 just now I get the standard greeting.

Since I have nothing I need to take up with Microsoft related to accessibility I wasn't about to start stepping through menus, so I realize this could occur further in to the process.

But no one should be surprised at limited availability of any given resource during this time.  Sometimes multiple calls until you luck out and someone's answering is happening all over the place these days.  And that's not a defense of Microsoft, just an observation regarding life in the time of Covid-19 and limited staffing.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.