Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: Unable to install Stascom software that Mike B. Spoke of yesterday

Thanks Mike and Brian.
Brian:  Yes, that is the exact software I was referring to.  Thanks for the update on its EOS and EOL.  That is sad news as this sounded like a nifty little tool, I will have to keep an eye out for a replacement.
Mike:  Thanks for the ideas and instructions.  I am very new to Windows 10.  I will give them a try just to see if I can get it installed, but based on Brian’s last comment it sounds futile.

Regards,
Jim
Jim Weiss

“When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  So, live your life that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice!” | Unknown Native American

On Oct 7, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Just as an aside, but I think it's an important one, Stascom 2019.4 is the final version of that software.  It is no longer supported, per the statement on the developer's page: "Stascom 2019.4 is the final version of the program. Due to other commitments I will not be able to add additional functionality to the package. This also means that I will not be providing e-mail support for the program."

Depending on exactly how it does what it does, it could eventually break, and if it does that's the end of the road.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss