moderated Re: Unable to install Stascom software that Mike B. Spoke of yesterday

Randy Barnett

Disable your anti-virus software then install the program then re-enable it.

On 10/7/2020 4:14 PM, james hooper wrote:

I was trying to install the program and I got a message saying windows protected your pc is their a work around?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 4:59 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Unable to install Stascom software that Mike B. Spoke of yesterday

Hi Jim,

I do not know why you are having problems installing the software, but I can let you know that I am running Stascom on the latest version of Windows 10. without a problem.

And you are correct, it is a good little utility.

Chris

On Oct 7, 2020, at 6:28 PM, Jim Weiss via groups.io <jimweiss72@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike and Brian.

Brian:  Yes, that is the exact software I was referring to.  Thanks for the update on its EOS and EOL.  That is sad news as this sounded like a nifty little tool, I will have to keep an eye out for a replacement.

Mike:  Thanks for the ideas and instructions.  I am very new to Windows 10.  I will give them a try just to see if I can get it installed, but based on Brian’s last comment it sounds futile.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Weiss

“When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  So, live your life that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice!” | Unknown Native American

On Oct 7, 2020, at 5:42 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Just as an aside, but I think it's an important one, Stascom 2019.4 is the final version of that software.  It is no longer supported, per the statement on the developer's page: "Stascom 2019.4 is the final version of the program. Due to other commitments I will not be able to add additional functionality to the package. This also means that I will not be providing e-mail support for the program."

Depending on exactly how it does what it does, it could eventually break, and if it does that's the end of the road.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss