moderated Re: Unable to install Stascom software that Mike B. Spoke of yesterday

T. Civitello

I haven't tried to install the program on my Win 10 PC yet but do intend to do so. Installed it on my Win 7 PC yesterday with no problems. Jaws hasn't lost focus since. Neat program Says good night Tom at night and says Windows is shutting down . Hope that works on Win 10. In the morning it says good morning tom, Stascom at your service. Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 10:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Unable to install Stascom software that Mike B. Spoke of yesterday

All,
The other day Mike wrote the list about a program called Stascom and I liked some of the features. I downloaded the installer but I can’t complete the installation. The best I can tell is Windows Defender is blocking and putting the executable in quarantine. I am running Windows 10 version 2004 and it is fully patched as of 10/7/2020 and JAWS 2020 (the August version). The software installs but on the first run I get a message that the process was blocked and my only option is “OK”. If I navigate to the directory and run the program I get the same message and the executable disappears.
Any help is appreciated. I am very new to Win 10.
Thanks,
Jim