moderated Re: Is the following a JAWS 2020 bug?

ratshtron

hmmm, I have been using jaws sincwe vwersaion 2.0 and loss of focus has always been there from time-to-time and I still get it from time-to-time with jaws 18 and even when I was able to use 2020 earlier this year. Of course, it isn't as bad as it used to bwe but its still there.

Legend has it that on Tuesday 10/6/2020 06:24 PM, Loy said:
I've been using JAWS since 2018 and am running windows 10 Pro on three
computers and have never seen this problem.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Hill" <hillco@earthlink.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: Is the following a JAWS 2020 bug?

I, for one, can't remember when i last heard that one. I'm currently
using the beta with my verbosity set to intermediate, I wonder if that
has anything to do with it? I've been using that setting for longer
than I can remember.

CH

On 10/6/2020 17:26, Randy Barnett wrote:
So you never hear "Jaws has lost focus. Press alt plus tab"? Is
announce lost focus turned off in settings? I have been using Jaws for
over 25 years on dozens of systems and it has always happened more
than it should. It got better for wile then came back and will get
better again.

To be fair though it is most likely Windows pulling Jaws focus to some
temporary notification or something like that.

On 10/6/2020 12:55 PM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi,
I'm using jaws2020, with Windows 10 home.
I also have a computer running windows10 pro, that I'm using jaws2020
with, and neither one have exhibited this issue

Thanks,
Jessica
On Oct 6, 2020, at 3:46 PM, Hank William Merchant
<hank_w@xplornet.ca> wrote:

Hello Jessica,

What version of jaws are you using, is it home or pro, and what
version of Windows are you using? Thanks!

Kindest regards,

Jaws18 home version with Win10 user,
Hank

-----Original Message----- From: Jessica D
Sent: Tuesday, October 6, 2020 10:19 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Ron,

I'm not experiencing this issue.

Could you tell us more about your system?

What version of the Operating system are you running?
Is it the home or pro version?
Is your jaws up-to-date?

Thanks,

Jessica