moderated Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

Mario

okay, check which sound card JAWS is set to speak thru, and do post if it worked or not.

On 10/3/2020 4:34 PM, Kevin Minor wrote:
Hi again.
I'm not sure if I'm in the same place, but in the Volume Control, I select the Yeti as the playback device. There's a Set to Default button. I hit that, and sounds come through the headphones I have plugged into the Yeti.
Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 4:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.
check if the Yetti is set as the default playback device (system default). if it is not, there is a default button when focused on the Yetti.
On 10/3/2020 4:23 PM, Mario wrote:
you can't listen to music thru the Yeti because it is a microphone, an
input device for audio. if JAWS is lost after plugging in the Yeti,
take a look at what sound card JAWS is set to speak out of:

using NVDA or even Narrator, press insert+j to gain focus to the JAWS
user interface:

if JAWS is running as a service (from the systray:
down arrow to and right arrow to utilities, down arrow to and right
arrow on sound card.

if JAWS is set to run as an application (found in the alt+tab sequence):
press alt,
right arrow to and down arrow on utilities, down arrow to and enter on
sound card.

one of the recognized sound cards (playback devices) will be checked
which will indicate which sound card JAWS will speak out of.
press enter on the sound card you want JAWS to speak out of.

unload NVDA or Narrator if JAWS is speaking again.

On 10/3/2020 3:33 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Mike,  I have done this, but I just went through my Control Panel to
find how I did this, but I am baffled.  Sucks getting old.
Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with
William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full
of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June
1,
2020