moderated Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

Mario

you can't listen to music thru the Yeti because it is a microphone, an input device for audio. if JAWS is lost after plugging in the Yeti, take a look at what sound card JAWS is set to speak out of:

using NVDA or even Narrator, press insert+j to gain focus to the JAWS user interface:

if JAWS is running as a service (from the systray:
down arrow to and right arrow to utilities,
down arrow to and right arrow on sound card.

if JAWS is set to run as an application (found in the alt+tab sequence):
press alt,
right arrow to and down arrow on utilities,
down arrow to and enter on sound card.

one of the recognized sound cards (playback devices) will be checked which will indicate which sound card JAWS will speak out of.
press enter on the sound card you want JAWS to speak out of.

unload NVDA or Narrator if JAWS is speaking again.

On 10/3/2020 3:33 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
Mike,  I have done this, but I just went through my Control Panel to find how I did this, but I am baffled.  Sucks getting old.
Love in Christ
Marty