moderated Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

Richard Turner

Which Jaws synthesizer and voice are you using?

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 7:14 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

Hi Richard.

You’re right about being confused. I want to hear music through the Yeti, and JAWS through the built in sound card in my laptop. In any case, it doesn’t work, at least I can’t figure what’s wrong.

Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

It is early in the morning, so I may just be a little dense, you said: “I thought it would be nice to listen to music through the Yeti and have JAWS come out my external card.”,  but isn’t the Yeti your external card?

Or do you have a different external card?

If you listen to music through the Yeti, wouldn’t you use the default internal sound card for Jaws?

Also confused,

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 7:02 AM
Subject: I'm encountering a very strange sound card issue with trying to switch JAWS to an internal card.

Hi.

I have no idea what’s going on. Yesterday I purchased a Yeti USB mic.  It has a built in sound card, so I can route other sounds to it. I thought it would be nice to listen to music through the Yeti and have JAWS come out my external card. Well, it would be nice, except it doesn’t work. I tried this, and JAWS goes silent. I have to set it to either the Yeti or the default device to get speech back. If I change the Windows default sound to my internal card, all is well.

Any ideas?

Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.