moderated Re: Using the Windows 10 Voice Recorder

JM Casey

Sounds like you did everything right. I just looked at this programme yesterday and it’s pretty basic – not sure why you’re not getting an audible recordinng. Does the microphone work in other cases/applications? Is the volume high enough?

I’m not certain but you could look to see in the microphone settings accessible from the sound recorder itself – it’s a button that takes you to a part of Windows settings, I believe, to configure which apps are permitted to use the mic. Mine worked right away though without being granted permission – I think all windows programmes may have it by default.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Filpus
Sent: September 29, 2020 2:12 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Using the Windows 10 Voice Recorder

Hello Listers,

When I press the windows key on my laptop, I see there’s a Windows 10 app called Voice Recorder listed. With my internal microphone turned on, I tried recording a test file. I then tried listening to the recording.M4A file I created in my sound recordings subfolder, in the documents folder, but heard nothing. Can anyone give me the procedure for using Voice Recorder?

Thanks,

Paul