moderated Re: Edge browser and favorites

John Covici

What I do is after the control-c, I just go to my favorites folder and
hit alt-h-w-s paste the URL in the location, hit next and name my
shortcut.

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 00:13:26 -0400,
Randy Barnett wrote:

[1 <text/plain; utf-8 (8bit)>]
Yes, 2 of the most useful tools are mostly useless for us... I
really dont understand why it is so hard to make Favorites and
History easy to use. first letter navigation and a file tree is
all it would take. Not multiple list boxes that dont work unless
you do 2 or 3 work arounds and jumping from box to box is stupid.

On 9/28/2020 5:21 PM, Gudrun Brunot wrote:

Klaus: Sorry, but I may be responding way too late for this to
be of use to you, but here goes:

I understand where you’re coming from, and I have my own method
for maintaining my favorites as a navigable folder structure on
my desktop—‘cause that’s precisely where I want them and
nowhere else if I can help it:

Say I find something with Chrome, and I want it in my trusty
old favorites structure. I hit alt-d to go to the address
bar. Control-c to copy. Now, I fire up my little old,
out-of-date Internet Explorer. Most of the times, it will still
open. I hit control-o to open. Paste in my URL; hit
enter. Again, more often than not, The website opens. I don’t
care if it opens sluggishly, as long as it opens. Now, I use
the same old IE command to add to favorites. There you go. Yes,
it’s cumbersome, but I just can’t get to feeling at home in
that Chrome favorites management deal. My default browser is,
for the time being, Google Chrome, and that’s how the URL will
open. It’s just that I have my comfortable structure with
logically organized links in folders, or in second-level
subfolders under first-level parent folders. It’s part of my
organizational file system, and it’s so established that I just
want to keep it that way, no matter how crazy it may seem.

Cheers,

Gudrun