moderated Re: Having Trouble With Desktop Shortcut For Newly-Installed Program

Randy Barnett

OK, Just open the start menu and go to the programs and press shifgt plus F10 and then arrow to send to then arrow to send to desktop. This will place a shortcut on the desktop without messing around in files. If as sometimes happens in wildows 10 you dont get the option to send to then you will have to click open location then at that point copy and paste the shortcut to the desktop.

On 9/28/2020 7:42 PM, Tom Behler wrote:

Cathyanne:

Unfortunately, that did not work for me.

In other words, I got the same results;  the shortcut shows up on the desktop, but nothing happens when I highlight it and press enter on it.

If you or any others have more suggestions, I’ll give them a try.

Tom Behler