moderated Re: Edge browser and favorites

Randy Barnett

Yes, 2 of the most useful tools are mostly useless for us... I really dont understand why it is so hard to make Favorites and History easy to use. first letter navigation and a file tree is all it would take. Not multiple list boxes that dont work unless you do 2 or 3 work arounds and jumping from box to box is stupid.

On 9/28/2020 5:21 PM, Gudrun Brunot wrote:

Klaus: Sorry, but I may be responding way too late for this to be of use to you, but here goes:

I understand where you’re coming from, and I have my own method for maintaining my favorites as a navigable folder structure on my desktop—‘cause that’s precisely where I want them and nowhere else if I can help it:

Say I find something with Chrome, and I want it in my trusty old favorites structure. I hit alt-d to go to the address bar. Control-c to copy. Now, I fire up my little old, out-of-date Internet Explorer. Most of the times, it will still open. I hit control-o to open. Paste in my URL; hit enter. Again, more often than not, The website opens. I don’t care if it opens sluggishly, as long as it opens. Now, I use the same old IE command to add to favorites. There you go. Yes, it’s cumbersome, but I just can’t get to feeling at home in that Chrome favorites management deal. My default browser is, for the time being, Google Chrome, and that’s how the URL will open. It’s just that I have my comfortable structure with logically organized links in folders, or in second-level subfolders under first-level parent folders. It’s part of my organizational file system, and it’s so established that I just want to keep it that way, no matter how crazy it may seem.

Cheers,

Gudrun