I’m trying to put a shortcut on the desktop for a new program I’ve just installed onto my Windows 10 PC, but can’t get the shortcut to work. The shortcut appears on the desktop, but when I hit enter on it, nothing happens.
What am I missing?
Here are the instructions I used to create the desktop shortcut:
- Press the windows key and search for the program.
- When you find the program, do not press enter, press the context key or shift F10.
- Press enter on the open fie location option. The cursor is in the location of the executable file.
- Press the context key or shift F10 again on the file.
- Arrow to the send to submenu. Shortcut N.
- Select the desktop create shortcut from this submenu, short cut D.
- Check the desktop for the new shortcut.
Thanks for any help.