moderated Re: Downloading a pdf with JAWS Google chrome drive pdf viewer

JM Casey

I'm not familiar with Google Docs. But maybe try ctrl-s inside the PDF itself to save it locally. You could also try context menu options on a relevant link, there should be a save link option in your browser.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: September 26, 2020 9:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Downloading a pdf with JAWS Google chrome drive pdf viewer

Hello,
I am trying to download a pdf that opens in drive pdf viewer with Google classroom JAWS2020 but there is no download button to be found.
I tried pressing alt with f to see if I can get a file menu and also to disable the virtual cursor in order to tab around and see if I can locate a download button but again I cannot find it.
I know that Google has made changes to drive and the layout has gotten a bit more complicated so I am wondering if anyone has steps to locate this button?
I pressed enter on the actions button and details and I was able to see that viewers do have permission to download the file.
I know that the pdf can be opened in Google docs but I would prefer to be able to download the pdf since there is mathematical content I need to email out and I want it displayed correctly.
Thank you in advance for any responses.