moderated JAWS 20212 beta, wonderful things!

Ann Byrne

Two notes on the beta:

1. Eudora works well with it! FS says they nno longer support Eudora, and I have to install the old scripts to make it work. But with 2020, the graphics for items like 'read" and "unread" absolutely did not work. With 2021, I had to build the .JGF file, but it works! I realize that using a 25-year-old email program is pretty retro, but I am delighted that it still works! I'm older than 25, and I still work pretty well.

2. In Excel, When typing data into a cell and then tabbing, neither JAWS nor NVDA would read the first character typed. So if you entered 4321, JAWS would say 321. With 2021, JAWS speaks all four characters.