moderated Re: JAWS Not Reading Controls

Mario

when she knows that the UAC comes up, she can right arrow and press the space bar.
some say it is more of a pain to deal with, but I would recommend not to disable or lower the level of protection the UAC provides.

On 9/23/2020 12:38 PM, Scott Pearl wrote:
I have a friend who is using Windows 10 with JAWS 2020 and whenever a User Account Control dialogue box opens, it does not read anything to her. She tab and shift tabs and presumably there should be a Yes and a No button on whether she wants to make any changes but it is silent. I’m using Windows 7 with JAWS 2020 and am not having the issue. Is anyone else having this issue and do you know what may be causing it?
Scott Pearl
Instructor of Braille and Assistive Technology
Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
341 W. Washington St.
Boise ID 83720-0012
208-639-8396
spearl@icbvi.idaho.gov