moderated Re: Office/Outlook spell check question

Cohn, Jonathan

Documents can be multilingual. So the dictionary and speech output can change within each document. So, first go into your Outlook/Word settings and make sure your default language is US/Canadian. But then if you are replying to a message from somebody in USA it could probably be switched back to US.
In JAWS there is a setting to not only switch synthesizers on language but on dialect. If you click this, then JAWS should speak differently for US English and UK English and Indian English. I am not sure if there are any speech synthesizers for Canadian  dialects. So perhaps my suggestions of toggle that JAWS setting won't help you to recognize you have switched dialects.