moderated Re: a strange issue with my windows ten computer.

Richard Turner

I believe he has a laptop, not a desktop, so no tower to deal with.

It sounds like an overheating issue to me.

Laptops need air flow underneath them as most of the benting is on the bottom.

If it isn’t overheating, then it likely needs   to be gone through by a technician.

I believe I already gave my advice for getting air underneath it, but here goes.

Take 20 to 24 pennies, make 4 stacks of 5 to 6 pennies, wrap them in tape, duct tape works great, so they are even and place them under the four corners of the laptop.

If you have some double sided tape, you can also stick them to the bottom of the laptop so they don’t fall off if you move it.

Inexpensive but effective solution.

It works for my Del laptop.

Richard