moderated Re: synthesizer versus voice

JM Casey

Yeah…accents kind of ebb and flow and they don’t really regard physical borders, but are influenced by everything in the cultural environment. I happen to think people just across the lake in Rochester NY (Raachster) sound really different/distinctive, but to my friend in Mousouri, they sound “Canadian”, too. And of course we have many Canadian regional accents as well just in the english-speaking areas…martime (newfoundland in particular) being perhaps the most instantly recognisable.

Shame about your uK friend though. Jeez…

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: September 22, 2020 1:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: synthesizer versus voice

I think it is the way they are hearing words with o u in them.  Last night she was telling me about a U S gentleman that pronounced house as huse.  Thus, she wanted me to pronounce it the same way.  People are quirky at times.  ?A lady in the UK told me she did not want to talk to me via the phone because she got hurt by a man in the U S and couldn’t stand to hear another U S voice.  I always thought Canadians had a different sounding voice then the U S?