moderated Re: Help please can I move outlook folders from one computer to another

Same applies to Outlook.com email accounts or Exchange accounts, all data is stored on the server and as soon as you set up the account on a new device everything syncs, it's beautiful and absolutely the way to go nowadays. I have been using Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) for my personal email for over 10 years and for work I use Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365 and I have not lost any emails or contacts and did not have to worry about backing up Outlook data files for many years. If I get a new computer or iPhone I just set up my account by putting in my email address and password and it's all there a short while later, I don't have to worry about incoming and outgoing ports, I don't have to worry on which device I read, send or delete my email, it's always in sync and the same everywhere.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Ballantyne
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 6:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Help please can I move outlook folders from one computer to another

Ank-you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 8:00 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

If your email account was  an imap account then your folders should be automatically re-created when you setup that email account in Outlook.

This imap is normally the default for modern email accounts. However if the email account is not set up then the folders will not appear.

If your  previous account was set up under the older pop3 system you will need to find the relevant PST file on your old computer  and manually import this using the import feature under Outlook – I believe under the file menu.

Finding the PST  file on your old computer may be a bit of a struggle but you can search under windows for Outlook.pst where hopefully you will find a folder with the various PST files stored.

David Griffithbe a bit

Sent from Mail for Windows 10