From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Daniel
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 11:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel and JAWS Question

Mike,

Spreadsheets can be written in formats from the sublime to the ridiculous.  As a totally blind user, I try to write down the headings and so get an idea of the organization of the spreadsheet.  However, since your co-worker is looking at a full screen and you are accessing the spreadsheet cell by cell, what you can learn depends entirely on the complexity of the spreadsheet itself.  No matter how you choose to learn about the functions of the spreadsheet, it’s going to take you longer than it would take a sighted person.  For complicated financial spreadsheets, even looking at the screen can be a daunting experience.

Greg