moderated Re: Accessing jaws menu in laptop layout

Van Lant, Robin

Dave, I don't see the conflict as a JAWS issue to fix. Because laptop layout assumes you do not have a numpad and uses the Caps lock key to allow your right hand on the QWERTY keys to act like a numpad for JAWS navigation, you would eliminate some of that functionality by repurposing the CAPS lock and J keys to open the JAWS menu. I ten to open the JAWS menu by going to the JAWS icon in the system tray and then using the application key to open the context menu. Now that I know of caps lock, shift control option suggested in earlier messages, I think that will become my new norm.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Debby Hill
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 6:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessing jaws menu in laptop layout

Hi Daniel,

This is one I learned from this list just a couple of days ago. The keystroke is Control + shift + caps lock to get to the menus from the JAWS laptop layout.

I also have a JAWS shortcut on my desktop, and if you just press enter on that you get into the menus. I also put JAWS in the tray, so I know this works.

I hope this helps.

Take care and stay safe!

Debby