moderated Re: Is there a way to not have Vocalizer substitute what it thinks works for abbreviations?

John Covici

I want it to read exactly as it is, I am a human and I can actually
convert!! And I still get abreviations even though I have them off in
Jaws, so how do I turn them off in Vocalizer -- do I need their driver
and where do I get it if so?

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 03:48:42 -0400,
Steve Nutt wrote:

Hi,

Dates is a different matter.

Tom is a US synth, so it is going to read dates in US style. For example, 11/09 is the 11th of September in the UK, but would be read by Tom as the 9th of November.

Note: it is only the US that have dates upside down. 😊

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services