Re: Is there a way to not have Vocalizer substitute what it thinks works for abbreviations?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I’m using the Nathan Compact voice.

Oh well, it is what it is, but it’s annoying.

Kevin and Jilly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 12:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is there a way to not have Vocalizer substitute what it thinks works for abbreviations?

I’m taking back everything I said on this topic.

Kevin, my Vocalizer Tom Enhanced speaks your example perfectly as g d not good.

Which voice are you using exactly?

And, I have actually never heard Grahams  mail for gmail.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 8:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Is there a way to not have Vocalizer substitute what it thinks works for abbreviations?

Hi.

I’m encountering an issue with Vocalizer and JAWS. It’s substituting what it thinks something should be, and it’s wrong. Let me illustrate.

There is a ham radio called the GD-77. Vocalizer says it’s the good 77, and that’s not right. The letters should be spelled out. I tried to do a dictionary entry for the word, but it didn’t work. I also never knew Google had a service called grams mail. This is annoying, and because of it I’m back to good old Eloquence. I prefer Vocalizer’s speech, but not with all the so-called “helpful” abbreviation conversions.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin and Jilly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.