Re: Is there a way to not have Vocalizer substitute what it thinks works for abbreviations?

David,

          It's beyond the scope here, but believe it or not it would be possible to identify a string like Saint Peter Street, with the abbreviations used on both ends, and with anything in between, using the regular expression matching provided by any screen reader I've worked with extensively.  I think I remember JAWS supporting such, and I know that NVDA does.

           In the end, this is an issue where the old adage applies:  You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

           There will almost always be exceptions wanted no matter which direction is chosen.  And the chosen direction will be directly dependent on which involves the fewest exceptions for a given user to create.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss