moderated Re: a strange issue with my windows ten computer.

Richard Turner

Is it getting hot?
If so, get so ir us it.
my high ech solution to that wilwith my laptop so to take 5 or from pennies, wrap more with tape in a short stack, repeat until you have 4 evenly sized legs and set them under each corner.
You may use double sided tape to hold them to the bottom.
If that isn't it, if they still use clock bdteries, maybe it is ing?

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge ovedyr which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Sep 15, 2020, at 5:50 PM, Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all,

When I first turn on my computer, after it has been off for a few hours, all works ok, except, all of a sudden, the computer shuts down. I could be reading an email, or listening to a song, or whatever, and all of a sudden I have nothing. I asked my sighted wife is the screen showed anything, and she said it was blank. So, I do a reboot, and it comes up, and after that, all is fine, until the next time, when I shut down for a while, and the sequence begins again, I start the computer, it works ok for let's say ten minutes or so, and then it shuts down. And after I reboot, all is fine.

I am running windows ten, and, jaws 2020.I went into my control panel, and to power options, and told it to shut down, when I shut the computer down, ion battery an plugged in. I also told it, to shut down, when on battery when the lid closes, and the same when plugged in.do you have any ideas why it is acting this way? Thanks for your help. Jim