moderated Re: how do you get jaws to read titles of songs from a CD you just downloaded from YouTube?

I doubt that you can, unless there's some new feature that allows JAWS to run OCR on video.

You say that this material is downloaded from YouTube, which pretty much means that what you're dealing with is video (with, of course, the audio).  There is a lot of material that's put on YouTube with static, or "per song" changing, video.  When it's the latter, that title is part of the image being used, at least in the majority of cases.

Can JAWS even read subtitles?  If so, then if the titles were implemented as subtitles you'd have a chance, but I've never seen a screen reader read subtitles on the fly.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss