moderated Re: I Cannot Install the new JAWS Beta

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Windows 10 has adopted the same language as phones. So Apps, in Microsoft's world, are  somewhat synonymous with programs.
Here are steps from another member:

Here is the steps to tell Windows to let you install non Windows Store apps  This will fix your problem.

1.    Click Start > Click Settings.

2.    In the Settings window, click Apps.

3.    In Apps & Features, change “Choose where to get apps” from The Microsoft Store only (recommended) to Anywhere.

4.    Close the Settings window. The change will only take effect when you close the window.

I noticed there are four options, 1. only from the Microsoft Store, 2.  anywhere, but warn me if tit is not from the Microsoft store, 3.  anywhere but let me know if there is a comparable app in the Microsoft store, and 4. Anywhere.HTH,.

Richard

On Sep 13, 2020, at 2:14 PM, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

So if I were to go to Windows Settings, what changes should I make?  I have never dealt with apps before because I don’t have a phone.  I have a Desktop.

Rick Miller