moderated Re: I Cannot Install the new JAWS Beta

Rick Miller

So if I were to go to Windows Settings, what changes should I make?  I have never dealt with apps before because I don’t have a phone.  I have a Desktop.

Rick Miller

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 12:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Install the new JAWS Beta

It has nothing to do with the Beta but with the Windows 10 setting on where you allow apps to come from.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cornelius
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 9:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: I Cannot Install the new JAWS Beta

Since that is a beta, kindly contact freedom scientific so that they could assist you. I am sure they are interested to find out what happen so that they could improve or fix it in the next beta.

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 10:25 AM

To: jfw@groups.io

Subject: I Cannot Install the new JAWS Beta

Dear Listers:

I understand that  the new JAWS 2021 Beta version has just come out.  I am trying to install it.  I am using a Desktop computer, Windows 10 and the latest version of JAWS.  I have downloaded and saved the application for the new Beta version but when I go to the folder where it is and hit the Enter key after locating it, instead of giving me the option to install it I am getting a dialog that just says “get app from store.”  I know apps are only used with phones and I don’t know how to handle apps as I have only a cell phone, not an i-phone, so I don’t know how to rectify this problem and download the Beta version to my Desktop.

Rick Miller

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.