moderated Isue with setting up an older braille display with JAWS and Pc.

Justin Mcdevitt

Hello group,

Earlier today, I initiated the process of setting up my apex with JAWS and Windows to use as a braille display with my home Pc.

Prior to this, I had wondered if given when the Apex came onto the market, that its compatibility with Windows10 might be an issue. It turns out that it is indeed a problem.

One of the Technical reps from Human ware suggested that I purchase a Bluetooth Dongle which might resolve the compatibility issue, though he was not certain of this. He also couldn't suggest a specific Dongal, as there are any number of types to choose from.

I understand that Apex technology is ageing out. However, at this point, I do not have $5K to purchase a Braillenote.

Has anyone here encountered this same issue with respect to the Apex, or other braille displays. Whether yes or no, any input is appreciated.

Best to all, Justin